I freaking love food.
For that hard to buy for foodie on your list I've rounded up my top seven gifts that I've given and received. These are sure to please!
1. Double Zero Flour: For the foodie who absolutely LOVES to make homemade pizza this is the essential ingredient gift. When we lived in Europe our homemade pizza tasted so much better than it did when we tried the exact same recipes at home. I figured out that the flour makes a HUGE difference in the pizza crust consistency. For the pizza connoisseur there really is no other way! This would also be great to give as part of a pizza date night gift.
2. Govino Champagne flutes: Who doesn't love bubbly on the go?! These cute picnic flutes were given to us as a gift and they are great for home, beach and beyond.
3. Cumquat tree: Apparently this is the easiest fruit to grow indoors! Giving flowers is always great but here it comes with the added food bonus and a fun green thumb project.
4. Staub Dutch Oven: We got one of these for a wedding present and I've been cooking up a storm with it ever since. Seriously beautiful pot that will be the gift that keeps on giving for a lifetime.
6. cb2 old fashioned tumblr glasses: We bought these years ago and they are the perfect mini cups for water or any small cocktail. The chevron print is beautiful and they've held up very well over the years.
7. Julienne peeler: LOVE this idea! I bought my mom a spiralizer a few years ago and she loves it. I do find it a little difficult to lug out and this peeler does the exact same thing in half the time with a much smaller margin for error. Make your own vegetable noodles!! According to the brilliant Angela from Oh She Glows this is the best one on the market. I trust her taste completely!
Bonus: My favourite cookbook of the year by FAR has been Oh She Glows. Her recipes are inventive without being overly fussy. I love the fact that it's a "vegan" book but honestly I didn't even realize that until I'd cooked four things from it. A new take on plant powered cooking.
My favourites are her no bake balls, the cashew broccoli wraps, the zucchini noodles, and the morning shakes.
This book make veggies look super sexy. For the cook who has every tool this is a great addition to their library.
Thanks again to my friend and client Jill for this birthday gift that has kept on giving!!