Muffins are my favourite.
:: Muffins with Forever Nuts Pink tea!! ::
I just love a good morning muffin. Unfortunately most varieties also love to give back a nice little muffin top!
When I first saw this doughnut recipe from Oh She Glows I thought they looked delicious but I didn't want to invest in the doughnut pan ... only dangerous things could happen if I bought a doughnut pan!! So I decided to mix the recipe up slightly and add my own flair.
These muffins are AMAZING. And super digestible ...
The chia helps make them more filling. I'll have two of these little guys and not be hungry until noon!
Lemon Chia Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (I like Maldon)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Line muffin tin with liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the oat flour (I make mine in the vitamix - just blend oats until they turn into flour ... takes 20 seconds), chia seeds, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the maple syrup, lemon juice, milk, and vanilla and stir until combined. The batter will be very runny - this is normal!
- Spoon the batter into the muffin liners - fill each one right to the top - they will not rise that much!
- Bake muffins for 24 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan then take them out.