These balls are amazing.
And totally inspired from the Oh She Glows cook book gifted to me by my amazing client Jill. Thank you!!! I adore this book full of healthy yet delicious recipes.
I am a HUGE fan of no-bake food. It is harder for me to mess it up that way! And I'm a fan of the consistency… the food always tastes the same. I have made this recipe four times already! And most impressively I've kept the same bag of mini chips for all four editions – no snacking is one of the wonderful things about breaking your foot, I'm just not as hungry yaya!!
These balls are so quick to make and they are absolutely delicious. Enjoy!
This recipe makes about 12 balls but double it and you will have enough to get you through the day.
1 1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup almond meal
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp almond/peanut really your favourite nut butter will be great!
1/4 cup maple syrup + 1 tbsp
2 tbsp mini chocolate chips … aka my new baking obsession – small but significant!
1. Put the oats in a powerful blender and grind them into a flour form … now you have oat flour – ta da!
2. In a medium bowl mix together coconut oil, peanut butter and maple syrup until fully combined.
3. Then in the same bowl add in oat flour and almond meal and stir. If your batch is still flakey add in a bit more maple syrup. I found this helpful.
4. Finally fold in chocolate chips!
5. Form 12 small two-bite sized balls and place them on a cookie sheet. Freeze balls for at least 15 minutes and then you can put them in a ziploc freezer bag for storage … not that these will last long!