Two of my favourite things to make in the vitamix are sauces and salad dressings.
I would have never thought about that before owning one!
This recipe was inspired by Gwyneth Paltrow's cookbook, "It's All Good". I altered her dressing quite a bit because the original had so much onion and ginger in it that it left Matt and I tearing up over lunch. We both laughed that we had never cried over a salad before!
With a few tweaks it turned out to be absolutely amazing and I'm sure will remain a staple!
Carrot Ginger Dressing
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, (very small onion, I use these a lot) peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 inch piece peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste – I bought mine at the Big Carrot, this stuff keeps forever and I use it in sauces a lot
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- S&P to taste
Put all ingredients in a very powerful blender until absolutely smooth. This looks like a lot but it will blend down to nothing!
- 1 head of Bibb lettuce (also called Boston or butter lettuce), torn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes chopped in half
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 of the dressing made above – the other half will keep for about a week